Saturday, July 14, 2007

WSOP INTRO ~ To the Recap Part 1


So I Did not make the Final table of the main event.


GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr.

PART I.

I can say that I might have had unfair expectations, but it is just like me to think I can sit down at the main event and have no problem going deep.

The main facts I learned was.

I have never played live poker.
Live poker is not a race there is no need to hurry.
I do have the skills to go deep.
There is nothing to be afraid of.

My wife, mother and baby walked me as far as they could towards the amazons room.

The Senator D’Amato came out to speak on behalf of online gambling and the repeal of anti-poker legislation. He spoke well and enthusiastically.

The he uttered the words I had been waiting my life to hear.

“Shuffle Up and Deal”.

Table 142 seat 3.

I sat down at my fist table and did not recognize anyone. Seat one was empty and then filled by who I believed was john Murphy (ESPN 2005 fame).

I told him he look kinda familiar. He said “It must have been from that episode of Cops I was on.” HAHA.

Then the poker began…………………….

No comments: